- How do Balinese know which gamelan orchestra to use for which ceremony?
- At what Age do Children in Bali start learning Gamelan? Part II
- At what age do children in Bali start learning gamelan?
- Gender Wayang – Bali’s Most Intimate Gamelan Ensemble
- How many Different Types of Balinese Gamelan are there in Bali?
- MekarBhuana on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
- MekarBhuana on Sample Page
- Ellen Koskoff on Sample Page
- argiro on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
- What is Gambuh Part II | Traveler Talk | Travel Forum on What is legong?
Category Archives: Rare Art-forms
Bali is world famous for its gamelan music, which, to the outsider who may have been fortunate enough to have witnessed a temple ceremony, seems alive and well even in the face of globalization. At least on the surface.
Across Bali, there are thousands of bronze angklung groups, perhaps as many as the ubiquitous and incredibly popular gong kebyar that originate in North Bali in the early 20th century.
Found on a number of islands in Indonesia, notably Java, Bali and Lombok, angklung is a type of gamelan with very ancient roots. There are many theories about the origins of both the instruments and the scale, but, after nearly … Continue reading