- Democracy and Equality in Balinese Gamelan Part I
- What is the difference between a lesson and a workshop at Mekar Bhuana Centre?
- Is listening part of Balinese culture?
- Gongs in Bali Part IV – What is Special about a Gong to Balinese?
- Gongs in Bali Part III – what is characteristic about Balinese gongs?
- Sue Pilla on How do Balinese know which gamelan orchestra to use for which ceremony?
- MekarBhuana on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
- MekarBhuana on Sample Page
- Ellen Koskoff on Sample Page
- argiro on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
Monthly Archives: November 2017
If you’ve ever been to a tooth filing ceremony in Bali, you would have heard the music of gamelan gender wayang. Instruments played by either by two or four musicians in pairs, a gender wayang ensemble is Bali’s most intimate gamelan ensemble.