- Democracy and Equality in Balinese Gamelan Part I
- What is the difference between a lesson and a workshop at Mekar Bhuana Centre?
- Is listening part of Balinese culture?
- Gongs in Bali Part IV – What is Special about a Gong to Balinese?
- Gongs in Bali Part III – what is characteristic about Balinese gongs?
- Sue Pilla on How do Balinese know which gamelan orchestra to use for which ceremony?
- MekarBhuana on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
- MekarBhuana on Sample Page
- Ellen Koskoff on Sample Page
- argiro on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
Tag Archives: bali gamelan
After the purchase of a beautiful iron selonding gamelan set, a duplicate of the ancient 10th century set from Besakih Temple, Mekar Bhuana Conservatory has immersed itself serious selonding study. And many students in the conservatory are keen to learn. … Continue reading
In Bali, everything is alive. Everything has a soul, so they say. Shrines, statues, even trees and boulders are ornamented with sacred black and white sarongs, as if they are human. Some ‘in the know’ people have suggested to me … Continue reading