- Democracy and Equality in Balinese Gamelan Part I
- What is the difference between a lesson and a workshop at Mekar Bhuana Centre?
- Is listening part of Balinese culture?
- Gongs in Bali Part IV – What is Special about a Gong to Balinese?
- Gongs in Bali Part III – what is characteristic about Balinese gongs?
- MekarBhuana on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
- MekarBhuana on Sample Page
- Ellen Koskoff on Sample Page
- argiro on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
- What is Gambuh Part II | Traveler Talk | Travel Forum on What is legong?
Tag Archives: balinese gongs
The two common types of materials for gong making are bronze and iron, with the former being more prestigious and therefore a lot more expensive.
A gong is actually not just a round metal object that hangs in a frame and makes a sound when you hit it. There are in fact different categories of gongs in Bali which can be made of bronze, iron … Continue reading
For centuries, the art of Indonesian bronze forging was enshrouded in magic and secrecy. Since the onset of mass tourism, however, this specialized processes has become more accessible and been fairly widely documented. According to recent archaeological evidence, the Balinese … Continue reading