- Democracy and Equality in Balinese Gamelan Part I
- What is the difference between a lesson and a workshop at Mekar Bhuana Centre?
- Is listening part of Balinese culture?
- Gongs in Bali Part IV – What is Special about a Gong to Balinese?
- Gongs in Bali Part III – what is characteristic about Balinese gongs?
- Sue Pilla on How do Balinese know which gamelan orchestra to use for which ceremony?
- MekarBhuana on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
- MekarBhuana on Sample Page
- Ellen Koskoff on Sample Page
- argiro on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
Tag Archives: Balinese mask
According to Prof. R.M Moerdowo’s book, Reflections on Balinese Traditional and Modern Arts, wayang wong as we know it today was once referred to as Barong Blasan or Barong Kedingkling. Between 1775 and 1825, the King of Klungkung, I Dewa … Continue reading
An extremely basic definition of legong is a dance traditionally performed by pre-pubescent girls in the palaces of feudal Bali. The word legong has been interpreted differently by a number of academies and its origins are unclear. One translation is … Continue reading