- Democracy and Equality in Balinese Gamelan Part I
- What is the difference between a lesson and a workshop at Mekar Bhuana Centre?
- Is listening part of Balinese culture?
- Gongs in Bali Part IV – What is Special about a Gong to Balinese?
- Gongs in Bali Part III – what is characteristic about Balinese gongs?
- Sue Pilla on How do Balinese know which gamelan orchestra to use for which ceremony?
- MekarBhuana on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
- MekarBhuana on Sample Page
- Ellen Koskoff on Sample Page
- argiro on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
Tag Archives: semar pegulingan
In Bali, there are in fact around thirty-five different types of gamelan which could be considered rare. Among the very rarely seen or heard is the sweet-sounding seven tone semara pagulingan, a remnant of the court era. According to research, … Continue reading