- How do Balinese know which gamelan orchestra to use for which ceremony?
- At what Age do Children in Bali start learning Gamelan? Part II
- At what age do children in Bali start learning gamelan?
- Gender Wayang – Bali’s Most Intimate Gamelan Ensemble
- How many Different Types of Balinese Gamelan are there in Bali?
- MekarBhuana on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
- MekarBhuana on Sample Page
- Ellen Koskoff on Sample Page
- argiro on What is the function and origin of Barong Berutuk?
- What is Gambuh Part II | Traveler Talk | Travel Forum on What is legong?
Tag Archives: semara pagulingan
Bali is world famous for its gamelan music, which, to the outsider who may have been fortunate enough to have witnessed a temple ceremony, seems alive and well even in the face of globalization. At least on the surface.
Donations mean a lot to Mekar Bhuana as they help our teams of enthusiastic musicians and dancers to embark on another documentation or reconstruction project or activity. These projects are essential to reconstructing missing links in the history of Balinese … Continue reading
An extremely basic definition of legong is a dance traditionally performed by pre-pubescent girls in the palaces of feudal Bali. The word legong has been interpreted differently by a number of academies and its origins are unclear. One translation is … Continue reading